The Gionee Elife E6 Android smartphone is the latest flagship device from Gionee and it comes with some excellent detailing, but when we talk about the actual performance of the interface and the internal specs while gaming or playing high quality content, it isn’t totally up to the mark. The Nenamark2 benchmark tests show that the graphics performance in the Elife E6 is quite lesser than its predecessor Elife E5 device, and that is enough to say why one would want to root it and make the performance better.
The graphics performance is not that good because the quad-core processor is added up by a GPU which clocks at just 357 MHz. So, rooting is one of the options to get things done, by lowering the resolution of the display of the Gionee Elife E6 and play the high-res games. Here is the tutorial on how you can actually root the Elife E6 smartphone.
Gionee Elife E6 Rooting StepsBefore proceeding with the rooting procedure, do make sure you have taken a proper backup of the contents in your smartphone. This includes the Contacts, SMS, Photos and other personal data, files. Once you are done with it, follow the below given steps.
- Download the rooting tool – Framaroot.apk from the XDA developers forum – this is the file which you have to install on your Elife E6 smartphone – Link
- Copy and paste this apk file to your smartphone
- Now, once you have transferred the file, install it and you will be able to see a few options, including the “Install SuperSu” which you have to select
- Click on Boromir once you select the Install Super Su option
- Reboot the smartphone and you will notice that it is rooted
- You can check for the rooting and see whether it is successfully rooted, by downloading and installing the Root Checker from the Play Store.