SONY Xperia L C2104/C2105 smartphone users who are on the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.2.2 with the version detail as 15.3.A.0.26 can now root the device. So for all those who are just wanting to install the latest version of Kitkat 4.4.2 can now easily install the same with the help of some simple instructions which we will be coming out very shortly. We are not sure on whether SONY will be coming out with the Kitkat 4.4.2 Android firmware or not officially for Xperia L Android smartphone. So, before that we will check out in this article on how to root the device with some simple instructions.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the SONY’s PC Companion for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned list of quick pre requisites, lets head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed steps which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root SONY Xperia L C2104/C2105 on Jellybean 4.2 Android Firmware:
- First up, download the Rooting Toolkit for Xperia L from here to your computer. It doesn’t matter on whether your phone is having an unlocked boot loader / locked boot loader.
- Extract the Rooting toolkit downloaded in earlier step and connect your Xperia L smartphone to the computer using original USB cable and let all the required drivers get installed successfully in your computer.
- Once all the required drivers are installed successfully, open the extracted rooting tool kit to open runme_win.bat executable file in your computer and follow on screen instructions for rooting the device.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
So there you go, do stay tuned to AndroidAdvices as we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares based on Kit Kat 4.4.2 for your XPERIA L Android phone. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.