For all those users who wanted to update their device with the latest version of Kit Kat 4.4 Android firmware can now update the same with the help of custom ROM firmware. Though, there is no ETA on by when there will be official update of Kit Kat 4.4 for HTC One S, till the time the update arrives officially, you can apply this update. So, after following the list of quick pre requisites mentioned below, you can then head over to the detailed procedure mentioned below.
- CM based
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customizable Lockscreen text color
- Lock screen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Minimize lockscreen challange
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- Status bar color and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
- Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
- Breathing SMS option
- Battery styles – Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES as you may face some issues in the process of restoration.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. This step is very important so as to provide the access to the core system files.
- Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Since this is the custom ROM firmware, make sure that your device is rooted. To check whether your HTC One S is rooted or not, check the same from the “Root Checker” app.