Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 which has recently received the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 Android firmware can now be rooted. Once you have rooted the device, you can then install the custom ROM firmwares which are based on the Kit KAT 4.4.2 android version. The best part of this process of that it comes with the Super SU access in built along with the ROM Manager app as well. Additionally, you can also make use of the apps which need root access. So let’s check out on what are the quick pre requisites you need to follow before heading over to the detailed guide with which you can root the device.
Quick Pre Requisites:
- It’s recommended to not to use the KIES PC Companion for taking the backup as it may not help you restore the data. Manual backup will help you restore the data at any point of time.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log -Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Minimum battery life should be 40% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device which is very unlikely if you follow the instructions carefully mentioned in this article.Assuming that you are done with all the above mentioned list of quick pre requisites, let’s head over to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed steps which will help you root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 on Jellybean 4.2.2 Android Firmware:
- Download Rooting Package for Galaxy TAB 2 P3113 & Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files to a folder on your desktop.
- Turn off your Galaxy Tab P3113 so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy S3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If your Galaxy Tab P3113 enters in the Normal mode, you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Up next, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see that the ID: COM section turns yellow which indicates that all the drivers are successfully installed.
- Now click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the zip file in the first step.
- Click on “Start” for starting the process of rooting. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for rooting process. Once the device gets rooted successfully, the device will boot automatically. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the device from computer.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
So there you go, do stay tuned to AndroidAdvices as we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares based on Kit Kat 4.4.2 for your Galaxy Tab P3113. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.