Find the Perfect Stock Illustration Royalty-Free Inspiration for Less!
The Droid smartphones through Verizon Wireless are all getting a new software update over the air, and that is including a big list of changes, and the bonus 50GB of Google Drive storage to all the three devices – Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra and the Droid Mini. This might be disappointing for many users who are expecting more than this, as the Android KitKat OS version is just out, and the users certainly might be expecting a major update to the OS in their smartphones.
Droid Ultra & Droid Maxx: SOFTWARE VERSION 12.7.7.OBAKE_VERIZON.VERIZON.
Software Version 12.15.10.obakem_verizon.
The changelog for this update is as follows (these are mostly for the Droid Mini):
- 50GB promotion space free on Google Drive pre-loaded
- Better connectivity support with the enhanced UI of wireless charging
- Improvement in the 4G LTE performance
- Motorola Assist improved with better stability
- Google Voice returns cards with audible feedback when the location setting is enabled
- A preloaded applicaion Viewdini has been removed
- When connected to the Morphie Juice Pack Powerstation, the device would now actually get charged
- Improved viewfinder for more consistent exposure
- Automatic White Balance (AWB) has been improved for overall color enhancements
- HDR will now trigger more frequently
- Enhancement for ISIS Wallet, Group MMS message etc .
- Available Wi-Fi reminders appear every 12 hours, instead of every 30 minutes
Initially it was the Droid Maxx and Droid Ultra which were receiving the update, but now the Droid Mini too is getting the same update.
So keep checking for the update through the settings or wait until the notification panel itself pops up a message that a new software update is available for your smartphone.