It’s Time to Root your Galaxy S3 Android phone on the latest Jellybean 4.3 Android Firmware. So, for all those users whose Galaxy S3 is on the XXUGMJ9 firmware will now be able to root with the help of CF Root method. So, after quick pre requisites which we have summed up below, you can now proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed steps which will allow you to root the device. Unfortunately, Jellybean 4.3 for Galaxy S3 International version is still about to come. Rooting the device will empower you to maximize the usage in your device. Quick Pre Requisites:
- All the data in your device should be backed up with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t back up the data with the help of KIES as you may face some issues in the process of restoration.
SMS – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log - Call Log and Restore
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Also, the minimum battery life should be a minimum of 40% or else there is a risk of device getting turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible or liable in any manner for any damage caused to the device due to not following instructions. Make sure that your current firmware version is XXUGMJ9 only and not any other version.Once you are done with all the above mentioned steps, proceed to the next step where we have mentioned the detailed guide to root the device.
Procedure to Root Galaxy S3 on XXUGMJ9 Jellybean 4.3 Android OS:
- Download Rooting Package for XXUGMJ9 Jellybean 4.3 & Odin from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the files to a folder on your desktop.
- Turn off your Phone so that it can be entered in the Download Mode. Download Mode. Galaxy S3 can be entered into the Download mode by holding the Volume Down button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to switch ON your device.
- If your Galaxy S3 enters in the Normal mode, you will have to retry the process of entering the device in the Download Mode.
- Up next, connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable to see that the ID: COM section turns yellow which indicates that all the drivers are successfully installed.
- Now click on “PDA” to select the rooting file which you got after extracting the zip file in the first step.
- Click on “Start” for starting the process of rooting. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for rooting process. Once the device gets rooted successfully, the device will boot automatically. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the device from computer.
- Download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store to check on whether the device is rooted or not. Just in case if the device is not rooted, you need to retry the process of rooting.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.So there you go, do stay tuned to AndroidAdvices as we will be coming out with the custom ROM firmwares based on Jellybean 4.3 for your Galaxy S3 Android Device. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.